So, the 1JZ had been shipped off to its new owner and a fresh SR20 left in it's place. First of all we wasted no time in stripping down the new engine for inspection.
While it was in bits we got busy with the degreaser and water-blaster.
The engine came with a few goodies, like this ARC sump and APEX headgasket. It also came with a T28 turbo setup bolted up and some 550cc injectors to match. These were sold on to fund a new turbo setup. More on that later..
Everything looked as it should which was a relief. Although we ordered in a bunch of brand new gear anyway to ensure it lasts as long as possible.
The engine bay was now clean and pretty much ready for the SR engine and box to be dropped it.
The block all reassembled.
Next up was making way for the new intercooler setup. We like to use midmount setups as they keep the cooler and piping out of harms way, which means a light front impact won't ruin a days drifting at the track.
Adam lobbed off the stock intake and outlet pipes and added some cast alloy bends to suit the midmount positioning.
And finished up the intercooler piping to suit.
Time to get this thing running. More soon.