Since this car currently sits in the workshop almost fully painted, engine in and getting closer and closer to it's first drive, it's time to get the blog up to date so we can show you guys the progress. As we left you last, I had completed tig welding the cage and mounting the four air jacks. So to start us off, some cutting. I originally planned to raise the rear subframe substantially up into the body of the car, to do this I would of had to ditch the stock fuel tank. So I decided to mount an aftermarket fuel cell where the spare wheel normally sits. In the end I ended up just running a stock subframe raised with Parts Shop Max subframe risers, so the cell was not 100% necessary. Lots of things have changed throughout the build, it's just the way it goes.
First I roughly cut out the spare wheel well.
Then tidied it up ready to fabricate the frame that the cell will sit in.
Also started cutting out the gearbox tunnel. I run a rb25 gearbox behind the SR20 and while its not completely necessary to enlarge the stock s14 tunnel to fit the gearbox, I wanted to make gearbox removals as easy as possible. Room to move is key!